Friday, October 15, 2010

Old friends

There are few people who know me and know me well. There are a lot of people who probably think they do, but I don't really let people in quickly.
I am erratic, flighty, but at times am super intense and emotionally demanding. I expect too much of people because I expect too much of myself.
That being said, there are a select few people that have hung in there and I am glad they tolerate my behavior and accept me, warts and all.
I'm presently on my way to my college Alma mater for Homecoming to meet up with some of these people. It's amazing that there are some people that you don't see very often and when you do, it's like no time has passed.
Of course you catch up on each other's lives, but it's incredible how easy it is to fall into that same comfortable friendship - Just as easy as your favorite, well-worn, well-loved sweatshirt.
I'll try not to get too sentimental this weekend, but it's going to be hard.
I promise many photos. Faces may be blurred to protect the "innocent."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis