Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Funky Tuesday

I have neglected my blog for a while. I've been in a funk. After the holidays, begins the dark part of the year for me.

I spend several months just a little out of step with the rest of the world. I long for the sun, the sweet smells of a spring morning, and warmer weather. I eagerly await spending more time outdoors, planning the garden with hubs and strolling through the nursery.

There is so much hope when spring comes. It's like a promise of better days ahead. The thawing of a cold and dead season brings the reward after long months spent huddled under blankets. (A little dramatic much?)

Yes, winter is pretty, but we've already established that I'm sick of it.

Hubs and I were asked to accompany our close friends on a trip to the wine country of Virginia, in March. I can't wait. Hopefully the weather is as nice as the last time we were there. It was the same time if year when we last visited, two years ago. We had a great time and brought lots of wine home. Expect a lot of pictures.

I hope this end of winter break is just what I need to get me out of this funk. I'm tired of whining and I'm sure you're tired of hearing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis