Saturday, August 7, 2010

Overwhelmed

Is there such a thing as too much inspiration? Inspiration overload? I think it is quite possible that it can happen. I was sitting outside the hotel at BlogHer '10 and it came to me. I'm overwhelmed.

I don't know what to write about. I don't know what I should write about. I don't know if anyone will be interested in what I have to write about. Then I think, "Who cares?! Who is this blog for anyway?"

I originally decided to come to BlogHer '10 to give me some inspiration. I always wanted to be a writer and went to school for writing but I've never really done anything with it. It seemed like this is the perfect place to get some inspiration. Wow, I'm on overload. There are so many creative people here. There are so many different viewpoints. Listening to the Key Note speakers yesterday afternoon was amazing - so many powerful stories.

So, today I will continue to soak up the creativity and try not to feel like a fish out of water. I don't have a successful blog. I don't have hundreds/thousands of readers. Hell, I don't even post on a regular basis, but I do this for me and that's what it's all about, right?

Right.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I've been talking to myself for what? Four years now? It really doesn't matter how many hits you get or how many comments you have. Just do it because you want to.

    Though you know what? The more regularly you write, the more readers you'll get. People get into a routine. They'll stop by a blog daily if there's something new every time. Leave it alone for months, and they'll assume you gave it up.

    This from the girl who posted three times in July. Physician, heal thyself, right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis