Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hair dye malfunction

I dyed my hair purple red, the other night and everyone is so entranced with it.  Why are people so much more intrigued with you when you dye your hair an “unusual” color?

“OOOh, I love your hair!”

“You’re so punk rock!”

“I’ve always wanted to dye my hair that color, but I just don’t have the guts.”

That left me thinking that it really WAS as bad as I thought it was the night before.  The color was supposed to be Medium Reddish Brown.  I guess when your hair is on the blonder side of the spectrum that translates to damn near magenta. 

I read through the instructions, left it on for the 15 minutes it suggested, and when I rinsed it off I saw that the water was purplish. I thought that wasn’t too unusual because the dye always looks deeper when you’re rinsing it.  I got out of the shower and almost screamed.  My hair was PURPLE!  Of course, it was wet and would certainly lighten up.  It did, but it does look a little bit too magenta for my taste.  I already went through that phase when I was in college. 

I went through about ten different shades of Manic Panic.  At one point I had green bangs and the rest was hot pink.  Thankfully it wasn’t permanent color, but it is a little disconcerting to be out in the rain and have the dye running out of your hair onto your clothes. 

I slept with a towel on my pillow on Sunday night. 

I really hope it’s not THAT unusual looking or else I’ll be in the HR office defending my personal style.

DSCN0572

6 comments:

  1. You can't write a post like that and NOT include a picture. Tease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I'll try and get one. It's a little lighter because I've washed it, but it's still a little magenta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an HR Manager! And I have to say, that I love it. So I think you'll be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! Can HR really make objections about hair color? It's not like you work face to face with the public.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you two. V- that was meant as more of a joke, but I do see clients face to face from time to time so I can't be too outrageous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis