Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year of Change

This year, I decided, was the year of change for me.  It’s not over as I made the decision on my birthday, in May, but it is zooming to a close.  I am taking the Roman New Year as a way to refresh the promise I made to myself.

This is the year for me to better myself.  Over the past few months I seem to have lost the gusto that I originally had when I made the promise to myself, but I’m getting back on track.  Slowly.

With that said, I wanted to take today to reflect on the changes that have happened this year. 

I’ve gained more grey hairs, more wrinkles, and lost and gained a little weight, but above all I’ve gained and done some real positive things.

This year I went to BlogHer with my sister, learned a lot great things, rediscovered my love of photography, and met a lot of great people,Some of whom, I will treasure for ever! I attended some great parties and danced the night away with people who were total strangers, but ended up as friends.

DSCN0158

From left to right: Peaches and Coconuts, Reckless Sarcasm, Up Popped A Fox

I took an awesome visit to Key West.

DSCN0236

I met Jesus in the bathroom at work.

IMG_0391

I opened up my heart to the possibility that I could make my dreams come true.

DSCN0596

One dream came true and I got a new camera!  Have I mentioned how much I love it?

DSC_0018

There’s much more, and trying to outline it all in this post makes me realize how great this year actually was and it’s not even over yet!

Tomorrow morning, I will make my life list and read through/edit my Mondo Beyondo list.  I am really looking forward to 2011.  Best wishes to everyone.  I hope all of your dreams come true this coming year.

2 comments:

  1. We love your new camera too and all the fancy snaps you're making with it! I hope 2011 brings you more blessings and fun than you can stand.
    A very happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis