Monday, February 8, 2010


Just wanted to get your attention.

So, it hit me today and I would really like to know the answer to this question!
How much snot can one human make?! I mean, really?!

Snotopotamus is really starting to get on my nerves and I'm sure my co-workers are sick of hearing my blow my nose every two seconds. It is not a pleasant sound, by the way. I will not elaborate.

Also, we're waiting for another crapload of snow to hit us. We had about two feet fall from Friday into Saturday and we're expected to get at least another foot tomorrow night into Wednesday.
This should really make the morning commute interesting, if we have work.

Both hubs and I work about an hour away from where we live. Normally this is not an issue however a couple weeks ago we had one heck of a morning.
Occasionally, we will carpool with each other and overnight on this particular occasion we had about a half an inch of snow. Maybe an inch. For some reason, NO ONE KNEW ABOUT THIS.
There was no treating of the roads. There were no plows. There was apparently NO WARNING.

So, hubs and I leave the house (tra la la...) and we get about 2 miles away and we hit a patch of ice and slide almost into a field. After that mishap we have pretty smooth sailing until we get to the bridge over the turnpike. It. Was. A. Parking. Lot.
And I'm thinking, "Hells no!" and hubs and I decide to take one of the other roads to the next exit after we hear there is an accident right at the exit. We'd rather be driving than sitting even if it takes a little longer, right? Right.
Along we go, innocently (tra la la...) along with every other Morgantown resident, it seems, along the main road.

Fast forward a little bit (and by a little bit I mean 30 minutes to go like ONE MILE) and we have cars pulled over on the side of the road, cars spinning out trying to go up these small hills, and then we stop.
And we sit.
We've heard on the radio that there are at least three accidents between the exit where we just were and the one we want to get to. Apparently, this was a surprise to everyone and if you're in Philadelphia there was nothing. It's sunny and brisk and fabulous. People are driving to work, with no incident, as if they do it every day. Imagine!

And we sit some more.
We see cars going by in the opposite direction and we cannot figure out what the hold-up is.
And we sit even longer. This has taken about 2 hours to travel 20 miles and I am not kidding you. I am beside myself. I have finished my coffee. I've quit smoking but hubs hasn't and he has three left and they're taunting me.

So I did what any rational woman would do. I turned to my hubs, opened my mouth and screamed at the top of my lungs.

He just looked at me. (Not much phases him. He is married to a psycho.)
I tried to get him to do it. I told him it would make him feel better.

He just stared at me.

So I screamed again.

Actually I think I did it like four or five times. I started to make him nervous and he asked me to stop, nicely, so I did. And then I screamed again.

We finally got through the traffic jam, after two hours of joy, and do you know what caused it?

I have no idea so if you find out please let me know. There was no accident. Just two guys sitting on the side of the road. I guess there could have been an accident but no one died so it doesn't count.
All in all, it took me three and a half hours to get to work that day. I really thought no one would believe me. It was like we were in some alternate universe. I didn't like it.

So, I'm really not in the mood to go through that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...