Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Release the Kraken

DSC_0067

Don’t be fooled.  This is not a Clash of the Titans post and I am not being paid to review this product.

I wanted to make myself a drink tonight so I stopped at the liquor store on the way home from work today.  Being a particularly stressful day, kind of the pinnacle stressful day of the week, and also being “Hump Day” I thought that it warranted a good, stiff drink. 

As I wandered the aisles, I decided that I wanted to buy a decent bottle of rum for our collection.  I happened upon this little gem, The Kraken.  I read the back of the bottle and decided that I’d like to try it.  Ok, I admit it, I liked the bottle.  The dark label, the sea monster, and the curved handles on the top helped make my decision.  Let’s face it, it was on sale. 

I brought this little beauty home and hubs and I opened it up to have a taste.  Holy Crap!  It’s strong!  I know that they say to not use the expensive stuff for mixed drinks, but there is no way in hell that I could drink this straight.  Just a little mouthful burned it’s way down my throat, but it’s good!  I really enjoy the spicy and sweet taste and the way it lingers on the tongue.  (Hell, I don’t know the proper terms.)  It was way too strong for me to drink straight though, so I did the unthinkable.  I mixed it with Coke Zero.  No limes in the house so no Cuba Libre for me, but I’m enjoying my little slice of the Caribbean tonight. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis