Thursday, November 18, 2010

What a Way to Start the Day

I get up and head off to work like any normal day.  I need to get gas so I stop at a gas station on the way. 

As I pull in, I notice that there is a heavy-duty truck at the first tank so I start to pull around to get to the tank in front of him. He seems like he is getting ready to pull out so I stop right next to him so I don’t cut him off or get hit.

As I sit, I see him look in his rearview mirror, in his drivers side mirror, and then he starts to pull out.

“He’s going to hit me.”

I hit my horn.  He keeps moving as he looks around, confused, and keeps coming.

“What, am I invisible?”

I hit my horn again as he crunches into my car and turns to look at me, incredulously.  He throws his hands up in the air as if I have run into him!

He backs up and I hear my car groan.  I cringe and put the car in park.

He gets out of the car and yells, “Where did you come from? I checked my mirrors!”

“I was sitting right next to you.  I saw that you were going to pull out and I stopped so that I didn’t cut you off.”

He looks at the front of my car.

“Was this here before?”, he asks.

“No.”

At this point, I am shaking.  I don’t know what to do.  I don’t know what to say.  We exchange insurance information.  He apologizes profusely.  He was trying not to hit the gas tanks with his trailer (construction) and he didn’t see me.

While we are exchanging information, another truck drives by and the driver leans out the window and yells, “Hey buddy, watch where you’re going next time!”

The car assailant smiles, waves and mutters, “I really didn’t need my neighbor to see me do that.”

It was probably good for everyone that he hit me and not the gas tanks.  My day could have started out a lot worse.   

I’m ok – my car?  Well, she probably needs a new front bumper.  Thankfully he missed the front quarter panel.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Glad you're OK and that the damages is just cosmetic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis